Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Secret to ACHIEVING goals like a BOSS!


I’ve been setting and failing to achieve goals since I was a kid.  Check out this list I found in an old notebook from 1998.  (age 10)

life goals
1 get merried in temple
2 be student body pres.
3 ----- A (straight A’s)
4 become movie writer/director
5 $$$$ get lots of $
6 become a Doctor/ 4 years only
7 have kids
8 pro soccer player


If ‘1998 Steve’ could meet ‘2012 Steve’, he would cry (not because '2012 Steve has failed to fulfill any and all of '1998 Steve's' awesome life goals, but because ‘1998 Steve’ was an unnaturally fragile and emotional boy).  If '2012 Steve' could meet '1998 Steve' he would tell him a super deece secret to achieving goals like a boss…Do you want to know what it is?






















DON’T SET HARD GOALS.


I’ve only recently discovered this golden secret and I applied it to my Fall 2012 Semester goals.  In the past, I set semester goals such as "Get a 4.0" or  "Keep your room clean for 21 days" only to disappoint everyone.  This year, I made sure that I "don't set hard goals" and I gotta tell you, so far, I am killing it!  
Here's my list of goals with step by step instructions so you can achieve your goals like a boss too!

Goal #1:  NEVER talk to a girl if you think she is really attractive


                 Step 1: See a beautiful girl
Step 2: Don’t talk to her.

You can walk up to her, you can awkwardly stand next to her, even open your mouth as if you are about to say something but DON’T ACTUALLY SAY WORDS!


Goal #2:     Eat ice cream every day of the semester.

Step 1: Buy a ton of ice cream

Step 2: When you eat breakfast or lunch or dinner, lick your fork and then go dig into a carton of graham canyon.  You don’t have to eat a lot but if you want to then go for it.  I'm already on my second carton and I feel EXTREMELY DEECE.

Step 3:  You can eat frosties and stuff too.
 
Goal #3:    Be late for everything

Step 1:  Don't leave for class or whatever you're going to until like 5 minutes before it starts.

Step 2:  If church is about to start at 9:00 and you get there at 8:57 (happened) sit outside for a few minutes and tweet or look at posters in the hall or whatever just DON’T walk in!  Then, when it is a minute or more after the time you were supposed to be there (9:02), go to where you need to be(also happened).

Goal #4:     Watch “Freaks and Geeks” Season 1
No Steps: Just sit on your butt and don't fall asleep for a few hours and do it before the semester ends.

"How do you know if your goals are good goals?"

Follow this easy method to know if the goals you set are actually good goals:
Ask yourself, "Is this a hard goal?" 
If you answer "yes" DON'T DO IT!  
If you answer "no" then prepare to be a great success!
Good Luck and be sure to let me know about your progress.  I'll keep you updated on mine.  Together, we can achieve goals like a boss.


1 comment:

  1. I expect to see an international edition of the Deece Police by Chase T

    ReplyDelete